In July 2017, Screen Tasmania launched its Strategic Plan 2017-2021, building on the previous plan, Through the Lens to 2016, and the Tasmanian Government's Cultural and Creative Industries Strategy 2016-18.
The current Strategic Plan builds on the growing success of the screen sector in Tasmania with a continued focus on attracting high quality, high value productions to the state, developing the substantial talent of Tasmanians and supporting Tasmanian-based projects.
The aims of the Strategic Plan are to:
- Grow optimal production levels across all formats to sustain Tasmania production and deliver strong outcomes for the Tasmanian economy.
- Support the development of Tasmanian talent to tell Tasmanian stories to the world.
- Actively promote the development of a sustainable, innovative digital content sector in Tasmania.
- Work towards increased inclusiveness with a focus on diversity, both on screen and within the sector.
- Continue to build Screen Tasmania as an efficient, transparent, client and sector focussed part of Government.